|5 Business Tips to Jump Start Your Business
- Create a brand. Spend a little money to create a professional logo, business card and stationery. Present a professional image.
- Ramp up Online. Make creating a Web site a top priority. A Web site is today’s calling card. You really shouldn’t do without one. Give people a place to go to learn about your business.
- Make Your First Sale. This is key. Get that first sale even if it’s friends or family at a discounted rate. This counts as getting started, so go for it.
- Promote Testimonials. Get testimonials from your first sales. Start building credibility for your business from day one.
- Build Buzz. Be creative. Look for a special promotion, big event, email campaign or something out of the norm for your business to get people talking about you, your product or service.
Brought to you by SCORE, America’s small business mentors, at www.score.org.